Series 6 - Investment Companies / Variable Annuities
The Series 6 examination is required for individuals who wish to sell only investment company shares and variable annuities. This type of registration is accepted only by FINRA/NASD "investment companies / variable annuities" member firms.
The Self Study program consists of a 1 volume text, covering the following subjects:
- Investment Securities
- Securities Markets
- Investment Analysis
- Investment Companies
- Buying and Selling Mutual Fund Shares
- Customer Accounts
- Fund Income and Taxation
- Variable Annuities
- Variable Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Federal Laws
- Advertising and Sales Rules
- FINRA/NASD Rules
A separate book of 4 simulated Final Exams with complete explanations gives the user practical experience with the exam format.
(over 400 pages, with over 800 simulated examination questions with detailed explanations)
This guide compresses the information in the full 400 page Series 6 Self Study Books into a 51 page summarized review of the most important points that must be known for the Series 6 exam.
Quick 6 is intended as final review prior to taking the actual examination; and is not a substitute for the regular study program.
Designed to complement the Self Study Books, the Series 6 Exam Databank provides a convenient and effective method of testing a student's overall comprehension of the material.
The program consists of:
- 13 Chapter Exams with explanations
- 4 Final Exams with explanations
- 1 Simulated Final
- 1 2-hour Timed Final
And is available in the following versions:
On-line - can be downloaded on up to 3 PC's (not apple/mac compatable)
CD-Rom - System requirements:
- 3 MB of hard disk space
- Windows 3.1 or higher
- 8 MB ram
- Self-Study Books
- Quick 6 Study Guide
- Series 6 Exam Databank
Smart 6® on the Web:
- eliminates need for bulky textbooks
- makes the most efficient use of the candidates' time, since the content delivery is dependent on user performance
- tailors the training experience to each user's strengths and weaknesses
- delivers consistent effective training at the lowest per-user cost
The program is divided into the same "Chapters" as our Series 6 text, and includes an online textbook that leads the user sequentially through every topic, testing the user on each major point.
The program dynamically modifies each student's learning sequence, based on the student's strengths and weaknesses. If a user is having difficulty with a major concept, he or she is presented with the information to be learned in a variety of reinforcing methods until mastery is achieved. Therefore, users who are not having problems move rapidly through the program; those that are having difficulty will move more slowly, but they will meet the minimum competency level needed to pass the examination upon successful completion of Smart 6®. We developed this learning approach by combining the most successful teaching techniques culled from 20 years of preparing students for the securities exams.
The learning material covers more than 900 concepts, arranged within the 8 major areas tested on the Series 6 exam. Each concept includes:
- practice questions with detailed explanations that not only explain which answer is correct, but also explain why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts
- a Quick 6 summary - an easy-to-read condensation of the most important points tested
Other key features are:
- mastery exams
- Quizzes that test each of the 8 major areas
- Midterms, covering Investment Securities, Securities Markets and Analysis, Investment Companies, and Taxation
- Finals, covering material from all 8 major areas
- tests are weighted in the same manner as the material in the actual exam
- detailed feedback on areas needing additional study
- full text search capabilities through the Glossary and Quick 6
- 6 Secrets - tips for passing the exam
- Supported browser on Windows or Mac OS:
- Internet Explorer (version 6 or better, only on Windows) or
- Google Chrome or
- Safari or
- Firefox (version 3.6 or better)
The content for Smart 6® is constantly updated. Changes are added to the material as they become available.
The license to use Smart 6® expires one year after purchase date. In addition, if an account does not show any activity for 120 days, the account will become inactive. Should this happen, an individual account will be reactivated upon request any time during the one year license. Requests for reactivation should be sent to email@example.com. Please reference your order number, date of order, full name and email address when contacting support
- Self Study Books (without the exams book)
- Quick 6 Study Guide
- Smart 6® on the Web