Series 65 - Investment Adviser
The Series 65 examination is required by most states for individuals that act as investment adviser representatives. This is the only license required if an individual acts as an investment adviser representative. If that individual wishes to register as a securities sales representative, which is necessary to accept commissions, the Series 63 license is required as well.
The Self Study program consists of a 1 volume text, covering the following subjects:
- Economics and Analysis
- Investment Vehicles
- Investment Recommendations
- Legal Guidelines
A separate book of 8 simulated Final Exams with complete explanations gives the user practical experience with the exam format.
(over 600 pages, with over 1300 simulated examination questions with detailed explanations)
Smart 65® on the Web:
- makes the most efficient use of the candidate's time, since the content delivery is dependent on user performance
- tailors the training experience to each user's strengths and weaknesses
- delivers consistent effective training at the lowest per-user cost
The program is divided into the same "Chapters" as our Series 65 text, and includes an on-line textbook that leads the user sequentially through every topic, testing the user on each major point.
The program dynamically modifies each student's learning sequence, based on the student's strengths and weaknesses. If a user is having difficulty with a major concept, he or she is presented with the information to be learned in a variety of reinforcing methods until mastery is achieved. Therefore, users who are not having problems move rapidly through the program; those that are having difficulty will move more slowly, but they will meet the minimum competency level needed to pass the examination upon successful completion of Smart 65®. We developed this learning approach by combining the most successful teaching techniques culled from 20 years of preparing students for the securities exams.
The learning material covers over 300 concepts, arranged within the 4 major areas tested on the Series 65 exam. Each concept includes:
- practice questions with detailed explanations that not only explain which answer is correct, but also explain why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts
- a Quick 65 summary - an easy-to-read condensation of the most important points tested
Other key features are:
- mastery exams
- Quizzes that test each of the 4 major areas
- Finals, covering Economics and analysis, Investment Vehicles, Investment Recommendations, and Legal Guidelines
- tests are weighted in the same manner as the material in the actual exam
- detailed feedback on areas needing additional study
- full text search capabilities through the Glossary and Quick 65
- About the Test - tips for passing the exam
Supported browser on Windows or Mac OS:
Internet Explorer (version 7 or better, only on Windows) or
Google Chrome or
Firefox (version 3.6 or better)
The content for Smart 65® is constantly updated. Changes are added to the material as they become available.
The license to use Smart 65® expires one year after purchase date. In addition, if an account does not show any activity for 60 days, the account will become inactive. Should this happen, an individual account will be reactivated upon request any time during the one year license. Requests for reactivation should be sent to email@example.com. Please reference your order number, date of order, full name and email address when contacting support.
Self Study Books
Smart 65® on the Web