Series 63 - Securities Agent
The Series 63 examination is required by most states for individuals who solicit orders for any type of security in that state. This license is required in addition to the registered representative license (e.g. Series 6 or Series 7 license.)
The Self Study program covers the following subjects:
- Registration / Licensing Requirements
- Securities Registration
- Business Practices
- Administrative Procedures
Each section is followed with a detailed examination. Eleven Series 63 simulated Final Exams with complete explanations are provided to give the user practical experience with the exam format.
(over 400 pages, with over 800 simulated examination questions with detailed explanations)
Designed to complement our Self Study Books, the Series 63 Exam Databank is a convenient and effective method of testing a student's overall comprehension of the material. Using Databank software prepares the candidate for the actual test by presenting practice questions of similar complexity to that of the real exam.
Databank tests include:
- 20 quizzes - 5 for each of the major topics covered on the Series 63 exam:
Registration / Licensing Requirements
- 10 Finals, covering material from all major topics, and weighted in the same manner as the material in the actual exam
No two tests in the Databank are the same - the depth of the question pool ensures that each question the student sees is unique. Each question has a detailed explanation that not only explains which answer is correct, but also explains why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts. The program links all major terms used in the questions to an extensive glossary.
The Series 63 Exam Databank is available in the following versions:
On-line - can be downloaded on up to 3 PC's (not apple/mac compatible)
CD-Rom - System requirements:
- 3 MB of hard disk space
- Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP or Vista
- 16 MB ram
- color monitor
Self Study Books
Series 63 Exam Databank
Smart 63® on the Web:
- eliminates need for textbooks
- makes the most efficient use of the candidates' time, since the content delivery is dependent on user performance
- tailors the training experience to each user's strengths and weaknesses
- delivers consistent effective training at the lowest per-user cost
The program is divided into the same "Chapters" as our Series 63 text, and includes an online textbook that leads the user sequentially through every topic, testing the user on each major point.
The program dynamically modifies each student's learning sequence, based on the student's strengths and weaknesses. If a user is having difficulty with a major concept, he or she is presented with the information to be learned in a variety of reinforcing methods until mastery is achieved. Therefore, users who are not having problems move rapidly through the program; those that are having difficulty will move more slowly, but they will meet the minimum competency level needed to pass the examination upon successful completion of Smart 63®. We developed this learning approach by combining the most successful teaching techniques culled from 20 years of preparing students for the securities exams.
The learning material covers over 200 concepts, arranged within the 4 major areas tested on the Series 63 exam. Each concept includes:
- practice questions with detailed explanations that not only explain which answer is correct, but also explain why the other answers are wrong for the more complex concepts
- a Quick 63 summary - an easy-to-read condensation of the most important points tested
Other key features are:
- mastery exams
- Quizzes that test each of the 4 major areas
- Finals, covering Registration & Licensing, Securities Registration, Business Practices, and Administrative Procedures
- tests are weighted in the same manner as the material in the actual exam
- detailed feedback on areas needing additional study
- full text search capabilities through the Glossary and Quick 63
- About the Test - tips for passing the exam
Microsoft Windows with Internet Explorer (version 5.02 or better)
The content for Smart 63® is constantly updated. Changes are added to the material as they become available.
The license to use Smart 63® expires one year after purchase date. In addition, if an account does not show any activity for 60 days, the account will become inactive. Should this happen, an individual account will be reactivated upon request any time during the one year license. Requests for reactivation should be sent to [email protected]
Please reference your order number, date of order, full name and email address when contacting support.
Self Study Books
Smart 63® on the Web